J.Crew water resistant watch / Harris belt / Secret Wash Shirt In Multicolor Check / 484 Jean In Resin Crinkle Wash / J.Crew MacAlister Suede Boots / Tartan Wool Tie In Holiday White / Dents® Heritage Collection Hand-Sewn Cashmere-Lined Deerskin Gloves / Fair Isle Camp Socks / J.Crew Leather-Covered iPhone 5 Case / Ray-Ban® Meteor Sunglasses With Green Lenses
I’m not very familiar with mens fashion, but with a father whose family owned a clothing store and a boyfriend who loves to dress up, I’ve learned a lot. Now I know that one can never have enough dress shirts and ties, a nice pair of jeans (or two) is a necessity, men love a good pair of socks, watches are must-haves, and there’s nothing quite like a good quality belt. Having learned these tidbits of information, I incorporated all of these items, and more, into my holiday gift guide for the boys. So, what have we got here?
- Gloves: Sourced from North American deerskin (the world's best), these hand-cut, hand-sewn gloves are incredibly strong and just a bit stretchy. Ultra soft inside and out (they're lined with the finest Scottish cashmere)—this is a stylish pair of gloves.
- Belt: Like I said before, there’s nothing like a good quality belt. Brown is also a great color to invest in because most men have brown shoes that they could match the leather to. And if they don’t have brown shoes, well there’s another gift you could give them!
- Watch: Isn’t this the coolest watch? A collaboration between J.Crew and Timex, this gadget is designed like a military watch, so it incorporates all 24 hours on the face. I love the navy color because a lot of men just stick to basic neutrals for color, and navy happens to fall on that “basic boy” color wheel.
- iPhone 5 Case: If the boy you’re shopping for has an iPhone 5, this black leather case is a great accessory. It protects the phone and it’s a slick cover to say the least. It’s snug on the phone and serves as great protection against cracks and scratches.
- Suede Boots: I love these. My boyfriend would never wear these, but a girl can dream, right? Whenever I see these on a man, they look so great. With a slick pair of jeans and any kind of top, these suede boots (J.Crew) are the ultimate piece of footwear for the male fashionista.
- Socks: What can I say, every guy loves a comfy pair of socks! I swear my dad has more pairs of socks than anything, and because he’s so stylish, I’m just assuming that’s a good stocking stuffer...
- Sunglasses: Every guy looks handsome in a pair of Ray Bans! This tortoise shell colored pair are classic, yet modern. They’re very versatile and look great when he’s dressed up, and they’re also a great look with swim trunks or casual wear. I’d say this is a staple for all men. This is a great gift right here, ladies!
- Jeans: This is self explanatory. Every man needs a nice pair of jeans! They allow him to dress up without really dressing up. Throw on a pair of jeans, a good pair of kicks and a neat looking top, and you’re ready for a date night, man.
- Dress Shirt: Also self explanatory. Men love dress shirts, and chances are if he’s getting dressed up for work, he’s gonna be wearing one of these. There are so many different colors and patterns for dress shirts, a man truly can’t ever have enough or two of the same.
And... That's a wrap! No pun intended. Get it? Gift, wrap, ha ha. Anyhow, these are some great basics for your favorite boys this Christmas. It's your opportunity to give your dad, brother, boyfriend, husband, whoever he may be, the perfect present. Style your favorite men the way you want them to look. Take charge!